Do You Have a Real Estate Agent You Can Trust?
You may have done some research if you are planning to buy a home. You may have visited a few open houses, or even called the number listed on the For Sale sign to arrange a private viewing.
You can certainly do it all on your own if you have the necessary skills and time. Statistics show that it is more effective to have a personal agent who can help you find the perfect home for you at the right price.
Your Real Estate Agent Works for You
A good real estate agent can help you find the perfect home and make it easy for you. Your agent will provide you with all the details about the property during a viewing. You might miss desirable features or potential issues if you don’t speak with your agent.
Your agent will negotiate and present an offer on your behalf when it is time to make it. You would need to deal with the seller’s agent if you don’t have a real estate agent. They are legally required to represent the seller’s best interests and not yours.
Bottom line: You have your own personal agent who is there to help you every step of the process. That’s the way I work with clients.
What to Look for in a Real Estate Agent
When buying a home, you want a real estate agent that is knowledgeable about buying homes…
- Takes the time to understand your needs and goals, so you have a true partner in your home buying journey.
- Explains everything clearly and answers your questions, so you’re never in the dark.
- Has expertise and a track record of success in the local market.
- Knows how to find great properties within your budget.
- Will alert you to new listings, quickly, so you get the best possible start on these opportunities.
- Will advise you on the best price to offer for the home you want.
- Will prepare and present the offer, and skillfully negotiate such things as price, conditions, closing dates, etc. so you get the best deal.
- Will save you potentially thousands of dollars by ensuring you don’t overpay for the property you want.
- Will recommend reputable home inspectors, movers and other professionals you may need.
Not every real estate agent offers all of these services. My clients say that I do. They tell me how much I am appreciated for my professionalism, expertise, and accessibility.
The best way to choose the right real estate agent, is to meet with him or her in person. Ask questions. See if you are a good match.
Please call or email me to schedule an appointment. You can also submit the form below if it is more convenient and I’ll get back to you.