The Home Shopping Process
My most important job as your real estate agent is to make the home-buying process enjoyable and rewarding.
It’s possible to do this in many ways.
I recommend properties that are close to your requirements and within your budget. This saves you from the frustration of visiting homes that don’t suit your needs.
I ensure you don’t miss out on opportunities. You’ll be notified when a property you like suddenly becomes available on the market.
I can help you plan viewings that work for you.
Before you visit a property, I give you detailed information about it so that you can make an informed decision. These include closing dates, market values, and many other details. If you have any questions, I can provide the answers.
You will also get the inside scoop about the area so you can have a better idea of the lifestyle, safety, and schools. You can trust me to steer you clear of undesirable areas and only point out those that I believe you would like.
If you are interested in a property, I will give you an honest and professional opinion on how it meets your needs. My expert advice will help you make an informed decision.
As your agent, I am committed to helping you find the perfect home.
What to Look for when Viewing a Property
These are some suggestions and questions to ask when you view homes. They will make it easier and more productive:
- Does the home have your “needs” features (those features you must have)? For example, number of bedrooms, closet space, and kitchen size.
- Does the home have any of your “wants” features (those features you’d like to have but would be willing to forgo)? For example, large backyard deck, and spacious family room.
- What is the general condition of the home? Are there signs that the home owners have kept up with repairs and maintenance?
- Will the home need any major repairs, remodeling or renovations? Is there anything, such as the furnace, that may need to be replaced soon?
- What do you like most about the home?
- Is there anything about the home you don’t like? Can that be changed with a remodeling or renovation now or in the future?
- Take a walk around the neighborhood. Are the homes well-kept, indicating pride of ownership?
- Do you like where the home is situated in the neighborhood?
- Does the neighborhood have what you want? For example, access to public transit, shopping, local parks and other amenities.
Viewing properties should never be a frustrating ordeal. My job is to make it easy for you so that you can find the perfect home.
Are you ready to get started? Let me know what kind of home interests you. Just call or email me or submit the form below and I’ll get back to you.